Tuesday, July 2, 2013

1st day at work

I want bike or rollerblades...I sat almost an hour in the minibus on the way to work, 5km...I walked home within the same time!!!

Morning I spend reading the materials in Spanish at La casa de Panchita. I can understand the content but in order to learn new word, I was being specific and you can just imagine how many pages I read within 3,5 hours...not much at all. At 1.30pm I took another bus back to same direction and even further and spend a bit more than hour in the bus again. Again I manage to arrive just on time to the University to meet Anali. Well I waited another half hour wondering if there was a misunderstanding and  just when I was about to call she arrived. Again we took a minibuss and another even smaller minibus (where tall people like me have problems to get in) and went up the hill. In front of the building kids were already waiting. This is the kind of library for kids to come and get help with their home work, have a place to stay and play. Language was not a problem, because many of them had their math homework. So I learned numbers today and how to calculate in Spanish; mas +, menos -, por x. I loved it, how nice it is not to be responsible but just be present!
But I tell you what these kids study in Math at the age of 7 is what we study on 3rd grade. And amount of homework, TOOOOO MUCH, even the little ones couple of pages.

It was a very good afternoon! Again 1 hour in the miniminibus and minibus back to home. Food from yesterday (luckily I cooked) beer, chatting, "football" and now time to go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment