Tuesday, July 2, 2013

¿Qué???? Yo vivo en Lima

Week ago I left Finland, now I live and work in Lima! For some reason it seems unreal, but on the other hand I have settled down in here and this feels real thanks to my fantastic housemates Antonio and Felipo. Today we also got a new housemate Mel, another woman in the house :) she is a mate of Antonio. Means we have a full house. While writing this we all sit in the livingroom and wacth football, a (well I'm not really wacthing, but I'm present at least ;)

I feel like I've been here longer than 5 days. Propably because so many things happened and new things all the time.
Yesterday I had my first meeting with Johana (my coordinator) at the La casa de Pancita. To get there I had to take minibus for the first time and of course I got LOST, even if it's just one way up Av Areguipa, but the bus took me too far because I didn't know where to get off. Nevertheless it seem there was a reason getting lost because I asked help from a man, who knew Sofia from La casa de Pancita. He directed me to the right way and I gave his greetings to Sofia, who was happy to hear about her friend after many years. And I got there on time, before Johana :) minutes here and there, who cares ;)
Meeting was good and intensive. Seems I will have fairly busy July. I'll be participating most of the programs during this month and after that I can decide what I want to concentrate on and what I like doing most. There will be a big event coming 21st of July, 24th Anniversary of La casa De Panchita, which will be un grande Fiesta!

My Spanish is terrible, I understand when I can just listen but when someone talks to me I'm like WHAT???? Also talking in English at home is not helping although it makes life a bit easier because otherwise I would be fairly silent most of the time :D and you all know how much I talk. Yet, I have managed by so far with my terrible Spanish and I'm sure after this month I will be much better. For some reason all other languages, French, German, Swedish comes to my head but where are the Spanish WORDS? On the way, I assume...

Yesterday when I was walking home from La casa de Panchita in the middle of the chaotic traffic I had to pinch myself...Yes, this is real, I'm in South America, I live in LIMA, I'm so LUCKY (despite of the pollution around me) and I simply smiled the whole way home and shut out the noise of the traffic with my mp3 listening music on shuffle and this was the first song...

 Sunshine


Now it seems there is no traffic :)  but you can walk/cycle/roller blade in the middle and no worries about the traffic!!!This is close to my home. But I live in a smaller street, luckily!

No comments:

Post a Comment