Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Active Sunday!

I woke up at 6.15. I had a coffee and ate a little breakfast and at 7am headed my way to my friends place to go cycling with him. 

This was the view from my window before leaving. 
It is still grey in the morning. Luckily we’ve seen the SUN for few hours for the last three days!

Bicycle, what a luxury! My friend has two bikes and on Sundays here in Lima several streets are closed for some hours for people to enjoy the streets instead of the cars. I know, it may sound weird for many of you, but that is really the only way for many people to practice rollerblading or cycling safely in here, because paths for cyclist doesn’t really exists. Also it is good to give some space for people too, because here the CARS always come first.

 Signs of Spring on the way


For a person like me, who has used bicycle as a way of transport for my whole life, to be stuffed in the bus every day, is like a nightmare, I feel I have lost my freedom in here.


Cycling after such a long time was amazing for me, even if I had to do it early in the morning, because I work every Sunday. Meaning, to enjoy my freedom I needed to get up very early, but for sure it was worth it. We cycled the way that I would normally go by bus to my work (usually 30-45min.) and by bike it took me 15min. So you can just imagine the traffic in here! I was so happy that I decided I want to go cycling every Sunday morning and hope one morning we will even have a SUN with us!

At the moment my Sunday at La Casa de Panchita is very busy, I have “textile class” taller de costura from 10-13, where the women can learn to use sowing machine and make something with it, or learn knitting and crochet also. Then I have lunch and after that English from 2 to 4pm. 
At 4.15 I’ll teach yoga for an hour and now we can go to park because it’s warm enough (pictures next time) and then after the yoga, we’re practicing a performance for Christmas, we just need to see if we have enough Sundays to practice it! Even if it’s busy, I love Sundays and I love spending time with the women, who I’ve know now for several months now. Usually there are few people who regularly come to my classes. It’s not just about teaching or learning, it's about spending time together and sharing our lives with each other’s, while learning and relaxing. It is their day off!

After a long, but a great day at work I got home with my colleague Brendan and we had dinner together. Simple, but yummy and for dessert a fresh delicious MANGO!


What a perfect weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment