Wednesday, November 20, 2013

SUN IS SHINING!

What a feeling to wake up in the morning to a sunrise. I've been waiting for this now almost five months. This is my second time. I got so excited, however it was bit too early to wake up because I went to bed rather late thanks to the party next door. So despite of my anxiety of sun I was able to fall a sleep simply because I was so tired.

Sun means so much to me, I think partly because living in Finland I've always been waiting for the Spring and the longer days after dark and long winter. So after having a long, dark and cloudy winter in Finland and just getting used to the light I came to Lima. I never imagined it would be so GREY all the time, ALL THE TIME. For me it's been equal to darkness in Finland that I always want to run away. So actually this year I've had more lack of Sun than for many years. Most of the people told me that it's not like this normally in Lima. Since I got here people told me next month Spring will start and we'll have more sunny days, I've been waiting for this 4,5 months!

So I'm extremely happy this morning and I hope rest of my time in Lima will be more like this!

I know it's so unfair to talk about it now when it's getting darker all the time in Finland, but I deserve this. You had great summer there and I didn't.

I want to be fair and I will send SUN to you all!!! Have amazing day!

Sun is shining
 View from my window this morning!





My fruits from the market (mas o menos 10e)

My amazing breakfast, mango smoothie with fresh ALOEVERA!


1 comment:

  1. Hi there

    I work with the British artist Gillian Wearing, we are looking for filmed views from all over the world and your fantastic photgraphs caught our attention. Views can be filmed on a camera or phone and uploaded to the website, we'd really love to see some views from Lima and indeed from Finland when you return if that is any time soon. Please have a look at the website www.yourviewsfilm.com or email me for some more information at gammagrrl@easynet.co.uk,

    thanks and safe travels
    Lisa James

    ReplyDelete